Prescription and over-the-counter medications are supposed to help patients feel better, and while there might be unpleasant short-term side effects, a drug should never harm the patient more than it helps. The pharmaceutical industry is a growing business with billions of dollars in profits every year. Sadly, that means some drugs are rushed to market without adequately assessing their safety. As a result, thousands of patients are killed or seriously injured by dangerous and defective drugs every year. While drug companies will point to the research, development, testing, and government approval processes as a defense, the reality is that the approval process is not perfect and bad drugs still reach the market.
The lawyers at Black Law have been handling dangerous drug cases for over a decade, including:
- In re Texas Baycol Litigation
- In re Diet Drug Litigation/AHP Diet Drug Settlement Trust
- In re Ephedra Products Liability Litigation
- In re Zoloft (Sertraline Hydrochloride) Products Liability Litigation
- In re Yasmin and Yaz Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
- In re Accutane Litigation (Atlantic County, New Jersey)
- In re Propecia (Finasteride) Product Liability Litigation
Patients who were harmed by a dangerous drug can contact Black Law in Houston Texas to learn more about their rights and a possible claim against the drug company.